Wednesday 18 July 2007

Discipline

Dear Readers,

How well disciplined are you? Do you make split second decisions which you know you will later regret?

Today I bought a bag of Haribo sweets while waiting for the bus - and i ate virtually all of it and now I feel disgusted with myself. It is unhealthy, bad for the teeth, an appetite killer, expensive and worst of all.... it feeds the mentality that doing what I feel like at a moment of weakness is ok!

A lack of discipline is one of the core reasons for failure in any venture you take up in life. I am not talking about petty things like buying sweets - rather what it represents!

How many of you press the snooze three times before waking up? Why do we do it? (notice how I include myself - I am possibly the worst culprit!) - but isnt this a poor attitude? Didnt we set the alarm at an earlier time so we could have breakfast, perhaps shower, shave or get to work on time??? Cant we go to sleep a little earlier to make that earlier alarm be our only wake up call?

How many of us stop eating when our hunger is satisfied? When you get a take-away - notice how you are satisfied three quarters way through the meal but still happily buy deserts or seconds after you finished it???

If you are still thinking 'so what?' - you are missing the point.

Discipline doesnt guarantee success in everything but lack of it virtually guarantees failure in everything.

No comments: