Friday 6 July 2007

cliches

Dear Readers,

I have been away from my blog for the last couple of days because my computer was infested with trojan viruses - not a pleasing scenario at the best of times! I am not sure of the exact status of the computer right now so I guess I wont be doing anything important on here like logging into my online account till I have formatted - which is going to be a right pain in the place the sun doesnt shine because I am not really altogether computer savvy. Ho Hum - with telesupport from my helpful cousin -perhaps i will begin to bridge the gap between me and computer savvy - sure doesnt help having my brother who loves computers move to America - but the show has gotta go on I suppose - or so i keep hearing - stupid cliche!

Or are cliches stupid at all? If we all stop to ponder how cliches became cliches in the first place - we would realise that they are not stupid at all. In fact they were once so profound that they were so often repeated in so many quarters that they have become cliches! So basically the wisdom contained in cliches are the sort of wisdom we would be wise to follow! Now of course this doesnt apply to ALL cliches - you have got to use some of your own initiative to work out which ones should apply to you and which ones shouldnt.

we will take an example two cliches - 'lets not cry over spilt milk' - bloody amazing - isnt it stupid to cry over spilt milk because after all - crying till you have created another ocean aint gonna bring the milk back and likewise worrying about anything that has happened wont bring the time back to correct the fault -so quit worrying - its sound and we should follow it.

second cliche - 'when in rome, do as the romans do' - if you are a spineless jellyfish - then this is another marvellous principle to base your life on! Blend in with whatever type of people you arw with - However - upon closer inspection - you realise that maybe this isnt right - perhaps its better to know who you are, what your principles are and follow them whether in Rome, the UK or the bloody Moon!!!

The point I am making is that analyse the wisdom and relevance a 'cliche' could have to your life next time someone points one out to you rather than pointing out the fact that it is a cliche - because chances are the person saying the cliche never thought he was the first person to come up with the philosophy anyway! He was offering advice in what was once seen as tremendously profound and we would all do well to actually remember that!!

Anyway, I must hit the sack - early to bed, early to rise.... and i cant remember how the cliche ends... what a shame!

Hopefuly be back tomorrow - watch this space

No comments: