Saturday 3 November 2007

'What bugs us the most?'

Readers,

I came across this really interesting article in the daily mirror today - far be it from me to advertise tabloid newspapers - but it is really good on Saturdays because you get all the cheesy build up to the weekend football as well as the tv guide for the whole week - anyway - without further sidetracking - I read an interesting article in there. It was about what bugs us the most.

Interestingly the no.1 thing on the list was coldcalling. I was a little disappointed to be honest. I mean with cold callers - I actually enjoy the moment of desperation they exercise to try and keep me on the phone when I tell them in a loud, clear and matter of fact voice that 'I am going to hang up now' - in fact just thinking about it makes me wish one of those punks would call me right now!

Disappointingly - the 100th thing that bugs us the most was roadworks - surely surely surely thats gotta be higher up!

Have you ever seen the film called 'Falling Down'? with Michael Douglas? If not, check the film out - absolutely amazing - but the relevancy it has to this rant which appears to be quickly becoming irrelevant is that in the aforementioned film, Michael Douglas accuses one of the guys carrying out roadworks for doing the roadworks simply so that the government doesnt reduce funding the following year due to unused funds that year and the worker admitted it - GOT to make you wonder when you see roadworks all the time and roads never getting any better!

Having read the list, I pondered over the fact that it was a fantastic idea for an article but was bemused by the fact that the thing that bugs me the most is lists of things that dont place the things in the list in the right order!!!

Other interesting things on the list were slow interent connection, Britney Spears and the Royal Mail (presumably because they are always on strike!)

Anyway, I thought I would encourage the rhetorical question to you all - what bugs YOU the most?

No comments: