Sunday 25 November 2007

Tidying up

Readers,

As some of you are probably all too aware - I am quite a messy person - by nature of course! Today I decided to have a bit of a tidy up and its amazing the things you find when you empty out a cupboard that you have been putting miscellaneous crap that you arent quite sure that you want to get rid off for the last 3 years or so.

Add that to the fact that the guy using the wardrobe before you - in this case my older brother - had the exact same idea for the 10 or so years preceding my time with the cupboard and what you find that you have is - chaos!

Absolutely useless junk. I found three walkmans. You would probably be hard pressed to find someone to take one of those things of you today and yet here I am - the not so proud owner of three of them. Owner? well possession is ninth tenths of the law - surely you knew that right? Anyway - as you can imagine - the three walkmans along with the few 'Now 45' tapes which I was not the one to buy before you all start judging me - will all go to the bin. If I want to listen to S Club 7- well not that I would admit to anyway - but there is always youtube and mp3 players!

Incidentally I also came across a couple of vhs videos and old old textbooks from both my brothers uni days and my own. What I have learnt is that while most books are timeless - textbooks designed for students are certainly not! Thats right ladies and gentlemen - they are probably all going to have to be recycled.
The lesson to be learnt is that if you are studying - then sell your textbooks from the previous year - fast and cheap because if you dither - you may find them in your cupboard in 5 years time with the same dilema I face today. Do not say you were not warned!

The other interesting thing that came out of all this is that old diaries are fantastic! I was just scanning through a diary from 2001 and its amazing the amount of memories you can pick up from writing down a few words for each day.

So - the bit where I have to make my point..

Dont put off cleaning because you too may find some amazing treasures!

Peace

No comments: