Friday 16 November 2007

Unbelievable!

Readers,

I am writing to report that I came across some simply astonishing news on the daily mirror website today.

The news heading was 'Man weds dog' so I quickly assumed that he must have been drunk - woke up the next morning - probably in Vegas because lets be honest now - thats where most of these stupid things are most likely to happen - but anyway you know what they say about assumptions - if you dont - look it up - its not pretty!

In a nutshell - my assumption was totally off the mark. This man wasn't drunk when he married the dog - no - rather he knew exactly what he was doing and had even convinced himself that there was a logical reason for marrying a dog. What logical reason can this man possibly have I hear you cry - well.... this is the best part my dear readers...

The reason was that he needed to end a curse caused by this man stoning two dogs to death 15 years earlier. I was gobsmacked. I dont know what more to tell you. I am guessing that some of you dont even believe me - to which I say to you - here is the link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weirdworld/2007/11/14/man-weds-dog-89520-20104494/

To be fair - I am struggling to believe it myself!

What makes the story all the more ridiculous is that the dog in the wedding picture is dressed nicer than some brides can afford to dress themselves in some poorer countries. How tragic!!!

And I am guessing you all think that you have heard the worst of it - I wish that was the truth but unfortunately there is more.

This is not the first time a human has decided to tie the knot with an animal - there have been reported cases of women marrying dolphins and cobras of all animals!
So all you women out there who were laughing to yourselves about how men can be so stupid - you were wrong - both sexes have people of incredible nuttiness amongst us!

So there you have it - if anyone tells you humans today are intellectually superior to the cavement of the past - you have the ammo ready to refute the claim and provide evidence which will not only shock and educate your opponent - but also entertain them too.

Its been a pleasure.

Peace

No comments: