Wednesday 27 June 2007

Faith

Dear Readers,

Another day closer to that glorious period of every week more commonly known as the weekend and I for one cannot wait! No - i dont have any special plans for the weekend but thats what makes the weekend so special - my plans arent already made for me - unlike every working day where the plan to wake up ridiculously early and follow the whole sordid routine to its conclusion!

Anyway, my thought for the day is to do with faith. I consider myself lucky because I believe in God and more importantly I have faith in God's love for me. The thought of trying to negotiate my way through this life without these two beliefs would be impossible for me. Think about it - if there is no God - the alternative is pretty useless - it means that I am the product of an accident and my existence carries no significance at all. If there is a God but he doesnt love me - why have I been showered with so many blessings such as sight, hearing, the sense of smell, the ability to speak, love, acquire knowledge and most importantly think???

I reckon that almost everyone has these two beliefs within them but just dont concentrate on them enough to learn the ease with which a worry free life can be led. Think about it - once these two simple concepts are accepted - then what cannot be overcome??? The fact that you were fashioned by the maker of all things and the fact that he loves you should make you feel invincible!! I mean God has power over everything and loves you - so he is going to look after you! Now i am guessing theres a few cynics who are going to argue over the two points.......

does God even exist? Look at the world - the capability of the human being, the animal kingdom, the planets, the mountains, the reproduction system and you reckon it all happened without a superior intelligence fashioning all this???? Look at three of the biggest religions in the world - Islam, Christianity and Judaism and they all recognise Adam, Abraham, Moses, Noah and several other prophets who came to spread the word about God's religion. Are all the believers of these religions fools to believe in these men??? Some people will tell you religion is a way that past rulers made people do what they wanted - usually such people are still okay admitting that they do believe in a God ironically!!!

Does God love us? What about all the natural disasters and people being born disabled etc etc??? The second argument people often throw up! My personal belief is that this world is a place of trial - there is no reward or punishment here - we are tested here and rewarded or punished in the life here-after. But to answer in a simpler manner, the very fact that we have been created and given the chance to know that we exist is love in itself!! Blind people, deaf people, etc - they are lucky still that God decided to bring them into existence for without them being created - they wouldnt even have the blessings they have - so why count the blessings God chose to withold? Also if there wasnt blindness, deafness etc - how would those who have these phenomenal blessings appreciate what it is they have been blessed with?

I dont know if you are convinced - if you didnt believe in God before reading this or didnt believe God loves you before reading this - then you probably still wont believe it because generally such people are quite stubborn in their views.

However, if you agree with the statements - recite the two facts to yourself as much as possible:

"I believe in God and my God loves me" - this simple notion can protect you from worry because it brings about peace and tranquility to ones heart and soul and when you feel at ease in your heart and soul - worry can not infiltrate you - you are in safe haven!

Thats all I have to say for today. God willing, I will be back tomorrow.

No comments: