Sunday 31 May 2009

Reading

Readers,

Ten more days have passed since the introduction of my last habit.
thankfully i have managed to fulfil my latest commitment of daily exercise through press ups and a five minute abs work out i found on youtube.
i cant really see any physical change yet but its only been 10 days and i havent changed my diet as well so theres a lot more progress to be made in terms of health, fitness and physique but its a good start.

The next habit i am going to strive to incorporate is 15 mins reading as a bare minimum every day. This does not include newspapers, websites, magazines, post or teletext. It must be a book. i am not going to try to incorporate a habit of reading non fiction only... as i just want to incorporate the habit of actually reading and can refocus my efforts into what i want to be reading later.

I feel this is an important habit because it will keep my mind sharp, keep my vocabulary constantly improving and evolving and most importantly - reading is probably the greatest source of gaining knowledge.

I wont bother documenting what i read on this blog but if i come across any particularly fantastic books, i will let you know. I also welcome suggestions for reading material of all genres.

Although i am writing about the attempt of my new habit now, i actually have already done my readng for today. Most likely i will do my reading for the day after the morning prayer and exercise. Again it is not important when i fit it in as long as i do and every single day to make it a habit which i must do before i can sleep at night.

i havent spent any more time revising for my theory driving test because i feel it is a game of luck... will do a mock hazard perception and a coupla practise quesiton tests on my days off between now and the theory test.... but dont go in with any great conviction that *i will pass* because i consider it the same as roling a dice.
having said that, i will keep rolling till it lands right :)

thats all for today. i will be back in 10 days to let you all know how the addition of this new habit is going and what my next habit will be.

peace

No comments: