Monday 11 May 2009

shoe polishing

readers,

as you are aware, for the last three months or so - i have been introducing a new habit into my life every 10 days in an effort to seek perfection but not too quickly so as to fall flat on my face.

so far things have gone very well. My last task was to revise for my theory test dailly - which fortunately i have managed to do - usually after the morning prayer before going for a second round of sleep.

i have passed my last 15 mock tests so feel very confident on the theory element of the test. unfortunately theres no practise exercises for the hazard perception element of the test. i only just scraped this element last time... but at least i had the experience so i know whats coming.... regardless, 10-15 mins every day doing mock tests should be more than enough to succeed in the main part of the test.

i have also changed my hours from part time to full time at carphone warehouse. this means waking up an hour earlier four days a week including wednesdays which is a hoovering day as well as mondays and saturdays which are now shaving days.

with the change in my working hours as well as the stress and boredom of revising for a theory test every day- i have given myself a very light new habit for the next 10 days. it is a weekly shoe polish. every tuesday i will spend 5-10 mins polishing my shoes. this is important to me because i work in sales and also living in london means you are very likely to walk into a puddle of rain by accident at least once a week and its nothing a good polish wont fix.

i cant envisage any difficulties with this because i even have tuesdays off - i could forget i suppose.. but the first day to do it is tomorrow... and i am not really a forgetful person as such.

i look forward to a lifetime of cleaner and shinier shoes!

that is all

peace

No comments: