Monday 1 October 2007

Fear

Readers,

What scares you the most? Ever taken a moment out to think about it?

My own personal pet fear is mice and sod's law - recently we had a few of them running around the kitchen!

Now I know for most of you - yoi probably think - mice? whats the big deal?
And to be fair mice run away at the sight of us humans - but still - I never said my fear was rational. After all - very few fears are rational!

As most of you are probably aware - its currently the month of ramadan and so us muslim folk cannot eat or drink during the day and therefore stock up during the night time hours. So yesterday around 3 in the morning, I was craving water to avoid dehydration during the day but had to give myself a 15 minute pep talk into going downstairs into the kitchen to face the possibility of seeing a mice for 2 seconds.

(They always run away as soon as I enter the kitchen! and i only catch a glimpse as they speed away)

Fortunately i didnt see one - drunk loads of water and had an easy fast today!

Still it did make me think - if I worry about something as small and meaningless as mice and other people worry about spiders, the human race as a whole has got a whole lot of growing up to do!!

I say from now on - lets all face our fears - be it going to sleep with the spider on the wall (not yet squashed by the bottom of your wellington boots!) or in my case - walk into the kitchen barefooted in the middle of the night and lets face our demons.

Unless of course you are in fear of genuinely scary things like tarantulas, wild animals etc in which case stay scared and keep away folks!

Anyway, talking it through has made me feel better. Hopefully I will have instant courage in a couple of hours or so time when its time to load up on the old H20.

Take it easy people and remember to be safe.

No comments: