Friday 14 September 2007

The Best Flight Ever

Readers,

I have arrived back home to good old London and thus the holiday is officially over, which sucks.

Still, its better to be thankful it happened than upset its over right?

I been back for a couple of days now but been so busy catching up with three weeks worth of neighbours episodes missed, unpacking and trying to overcome jetlag which I am still struggling with - that I havent been able to share the story of how fantastically lucky my plane ride home was!

First off - being an Indian - my suitcase was always going to be a tad on the heavy side - ok ok a lot on the heavy side! My allowance was 20 kg's - my suitcase weighed in at 23.5. Still, it was an asian lady who was checking my bags in and she must have understood the asian code of travelling (ie - gifts for everyone who is brown and you have spoken more than two words to in your entire life) - so anyway - she checks my bag in without batting an eyelid and also offered to hook me up with a window seat. So naturally I said yes - a plane ride is so long and boring that the only fun parts are take off and landing and what fun are those if you cant even look out the window to appreciate whats going on?

So with my flying experience already off to a flyer... when I got onto the aeroplane and took my seat right by the window, the plane quickly filled up. However, two of the very few seats on the plane which didnt get taken were the two seats next to me!

Thats right - as soon as the seatbelt sign came off - I could lie down and use the three pillows and blankets that were provided for me and my two non-existent buddies!
To make things even better - when lunch times came around - the good airhostesses provided me with food even though i hadnt requested them. still - dont look a gifthorse in the mouth - and if we are honest - plane food isnt exactly great or worth much!

So there you go.. back to the UK with all my luggage and given virtually a bed-like space to relax in for the duration of the flight - i bet there were ppl who travelled first class that didnt enjoy their flight as much as me - and to think the return trip costed just under £250.

God Bless MyTravel!!

No comments: