Wednesday 29 August 2007

Ever been mistaken as a daddy at 24?

Readers,

I went for a swim down the residential pool today and met this 11 year old kid down there. Pretty ordinary 11 year old kid - so there we are both swimming along - him yappin about how much he looooves swimming - me nodding my head and smiling - it was fun - for him! I digress.

So anyway, about an hour or so later a mummy and her three kids come to the pool right.... now this 11 year old kid told me he is on holiday from new york.. and he got on so well with the other kids even though they just met thatI gathered it was his family.

So there they are swimming along.. happy families or so it appeared - i got out the pool and was just chilling in the sun trying to pick up a tan - rumour has it women like us men tall, dark and handsome... now i cant really do anything with the height i been given.. handsome.. well i dont like to boast as such and now a chance to dARKEN up - 2/3 cant be bad!

so anyway back to the story, this nice lady.. who by the by already earlier fed me a cheese cracker she prepared direct in my mouth when i came out the pool - dont get me wrong - she offered it in my hand - but my hands were wet.. one thing led to another.. and the next thing the cheese cracker was in my mouth. I was thinkin is this mamma like hittin' on me? but then i thought naww - its just a nice american lady - be happy!

so on the story goes.. she is feedin some fish in the lake next to the pool... and she summons me over.. summons is a bad word.. again she was being nice... so i went over and watched the fish all make a dash for the bread as she chucked it in.

AND THEN theeee moment.... 'do you want to call your boy over to see the fish too?'
I didnt hear right - i mean of course i didnt.. sure i hadnt shaved in a while - but damn im on holiday - its one of the perks! but no - she repeated and repeated again... and followed an akward silence followed by me returnin to my seat and perhaps her realising im a lot younger than i look - or then again probably not!

Moral of the story i hear you all pleading - did i ever say there was gonna be one?
Have a shave before a 40+ somethin feeds ya crackers and mistakes ya for a daddy - or if that aint good enough for ya - then make up your own!

Ciao folks - be back tomorrow hopefully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

moose u really are a legend. only u that could happen to. spk u soon my mate, keep up the writing