Saturday 21 March 2009

Reflections

Readers,

as promised, i am maintaining my posts on a ten dailly basis.

the challenge set out in the last 10 days was to shower before 9-15 a.m and before breakfast.

i achieved the 'before breakfast' part every single day but failed in the before 9 a.m department on one day because i slept at my cousins house and opted to come home and shower at 10 am rather than at 8 am.

i also maintained the other four habits so its been a very successful 10 days.

my next challenge is to turn off all the lights at midnight including telly main switch located on telly rather than mere standby and not turning it on till following morning after shower (telly that is.. not so much lights as i use them while praying morning prayer).

this will achieve two things:

i) a disciplined healthy sleeping pattern
ii) saving electricity while sleeping on standby light on telly.

Life is great. As it has been 50 days from my first habit, forty days have passed on my second habit meaning its close to becoming ingrained and automatic behaviour.
there is no real temptation to stop these habits.
in fact manchester united lost their last two matches which i am sure in the past would have damaged my spiritual psyche but my life has taken on greater meaning in the last 50 days. am i upset they lost? of course - i have not become a robot. but if i had the choice to slip on even one of my new habits for just a day deliberately for no good reason to trade it for a manchester united triumph.. i feel i wouldnt do it.

back in 10 days.. hopefully with more positive news about my new challenge.

No comments: