Friday 14 December 2007

The International Library of Poetry

Dear Readers,

I am writing to inform you and warn you in order that perhaps I may help you prevent yourself being scammed out of your hard earned cash from The International Library of Poetry .

Little over 2 weeks ago or so, I came across a poetry competition on facebook with prize money of $10,000. So me being me, decided I might as well enter. I am not blessed with great literary talent but figured it would be something that would pass my time and 'you gotta be in it to win it' after all.

The last couple of days have seen me receive two emails praising my efforts and encouraging me to pay 70 dollars to become a member and pay additional money to get a watch and an engraved bronze medallion recognising my achievements as a literary genius.

Considering I spent 5-10 minutes on maybe 3 or four poems entered, I was flattered but not deceived. I conducted a little research online and it appears that almost everybody gets these emails encouraging them to invest money and because the email makes them believe they have some genuine talent worth investing in, many a poor persons must have lost their hard earnt cash in pursuing the dream this scam offers.

Furthermore, it has come to my attention that the work you publish which they tell you is copyrighted when you publish it - is not actually copyrighted and so you are in danger of it being stolen.

Fortunately - the work I submitted was carried out quickly and was not personal and doesnt mean anything to me - but think of others who may have pourred their hearts and souls into their poetry and invested their money only to discover they have been had.

My message is simple - be careful. think twice and then think again!

Peace

No comments: